Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Identify Your Loss

This is what I came up with:

• Na’il was the only child I truly bonded with
• With him I was able to communicate on a unique, intuitive level
• He was both curious and full of mischief
• Because he didn’t grow much and weighed only 17 kilos, Na’il was a grateful recipient of my cuddles, hugs and the many kisses I showered upon him.
• I needed him as much as he needed me
• Na’il left a gaping wound in my heart; I felt amputated when he died.

But truth to be told, his loss also had positive sides, which gradually we began to admit:
• We have more time to do our ‘own’ thing, like writing and reading
• Holidays and Shabbats don’t evolve around Na’il’s needs any more, making them more relaxed and less stressful.

But on top of it all ~ we treasure his blessed memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.