Thursday, July 16, 2009

Committing to the Grieving Process

In order to experience healing from grief, I’ve committed myself to this process of grieving. To do so, I had to take a conscious step forward.

God takes me as I am ~ weak, unsure, unstable emotionally, and His loving care will help me struggle through the process.

Someone gave me a book: Through a Season of Grief, written by Bill Dunn & Kathy Leonard, Nelson Books. ( Griefshare is a national grief recovery support group program that has helped thousands of families. www.griefshare.org)
I’ve decided to use this book and share the things that spoke to my heart in this blog.

It’s important to understand the concept of grief. Grief is a part of life, of being human, for it costs us to love someone. How I grieved when I had to lose Na’il! One of the writers of the book remarked that the calm in our lives were the exceptional times….

Isaiah 40:31 speaks about those who HOPE IN THE LORD. I know I have to re-focus, don’t look at my problems, fears and insecurities. I have to look and trust at the Lord, Who will sustain me. I’m encouraged to EMBRACE my grief, not fight it.

Only then is God able to bring healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.